Battery is drained to empty after fully power off (Raspad3)

• Hi,

does anyone has similar issues as follows, and any solutions could settle these matters?

1. battery is drained to empty after fully power off (I press a 2-second hold and heard a pop from the board)?

2.  no sound alert when the battery is getting low? 

There was a related thread "https://raspad.com/community/forum/topic/30328/battery-of-raspad3-after-shutdown", but I would like to emphasize that I had full power off the pad but still some components keep consuming the power till the battery becomes empty.

Regards,

P

• Here is the data that I measured on Raspad. 

battery power

• @Pengcheng Liu

The technician needs to check the wiring near the mainboard network port. Please shoot more details.

• @RasPad Support 

Thank you very much for your kind reply and many apologies for the delayed response.

We did more tests in the meantime.

1. we remove the battery connect from the mainboard and see if the problem is caused by the self-discharging of the Li-Ion Batteries itself,

self-discharging

we see that the battery voltage dropped 0.08v (approximately 0.6%) in 16 hours, which is totally acceptable.

2. we keep the connection between the mainboard and battery cells.

fully connect

we see that 0.75v is consumed by "somewhere in the mainboard". It is almost 6% of the power drained in 16 hours without operating the pad.  

3. There is another serious issue with our raspad: when we plug in the external power supply during the pad is operating in the low battery,  we can see the electric spark out from the jack-plug.

Please see the mainboard image below.

mainboard

Thank you very much in advance.

P

• @Pengcheng Liu 

This is a normal phenomenon, and the lithium battery itself will leak. When there is a lot of power, the leakage will leak faster, and our boot process also needs to maintain a little power.

• @RasPad Support 

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

Any thoughts about how to deal with the electric spark out from the power jack?

• @Pengcheng Liu 

It is normal to have sparks when inserted.

• @RasPad Support 

Not sure if you series an inductor before the filter capacitor could help.

Anyhow, thank you very much for your answers.

• @Pengcheng Liu

Thanks for the suggestion, we will try.