No sound

• Hi,

I have no sound at all despite aplay showing headphone and HDMI outputs.

Any ideas? Could this be a hardware fault?

• What OS are you using? have you right clicked on the volume control in the start menu and selected HDMI-2?

• I'm using the latest raspadOS.

This line did the trick:

#sudo modprobe snd_bcm2835

However there is no volume control icon displayed on the task bar. Any idea how to change output devices without it? (for example bluetooth headphones)

thanks!

• Not sure i dont use raspadOS myself as i prefer raspberry pi os.

• I had an audio problem with my RasPad when I first started using it. Specifically, no audio from a YouTube video in the Chromium browser. I thought maybe a problem with a cable or the soundcard, so I contacted Sunfounder tech support. While they were looking up my order number to confirm the warranty, I continued checking things. I came across a media device called VLC Media Player and after loading an audio file on my RasPad I was able to play it. That ruled out any hardware problems. I found a solution in the Chromium browser Help tab which recommended I clear browser cache, and that fixed the problem. I don't know if this will help the OP, but maybe relating my process will lead to a solution.

• @Dan 

If you want to use a Bluetooth headset, you can follow the below steps to achieve.

• @Dan Same problem and neither the modprobe nor clearing cache solutions have worked for me. Will post when get a result...