Raspad 1 battery

• Hello everyone,

I have a Kickstarter edition Raspad 1, with a RPi3b inside and I'm looking to replace the battery since its charge doesn't last for more than one hour.

I've opened it up, but the battery does not have any identifying marks. What I do know is that at a full charge it sends out 4.16v, but I can't find any consumer LiPo batteries at that voltage. I also know that the charger is rated at 5.5v, 4A and it says in the manual that the RasPad shouldn't be charged at a higher voltage.

I want to know what voltage would be OK to use as reference when looking for a replacement LiPo battery, or if anyone has any recommendations.

Cheers,

Sab

• @Sabin Serban 

The original RasPad used a 3.7V lithium battery, which is generally 4.2V when fully charged. We are using a 3-cell parallel scheme. However, in parallel, a protection board is required to protect the battery to prevent the internal resistance of the battery from being different, resulting in the problem of voltage difference between the batteries.

• Thank you for the info. I think I'll stick with the biggest 3.7v battery that can fit in that slot.

• @RasPad Support The original RasPad used a 3.7V lithium battery, which is generally 4.2V when fully charged. We are using a 3-cell parallel scheme. However, in parallel, a protection board is required to protect the battery to prevent the internal resistance of the battery from being different, resulting in the problem of voltage difference between the batteries. wordle

Thanks for the detailed explanation