Touchscreen is not working

• Touchscreen is not working after I boot the rasbad. I already tested the usb connection between raspb pi and board. The result was the same.

What is wrong with the touchscreen? 

I have included a video.

Regards,

Herbert van de Haterd

• @herbert van de haterd

Sorry, we cannot watch the video you provided.
    Please re-upload or upload to cloud disk to share.

• I have uploaded the video again.

https://github.com/Herbert007/raspad.git

Regards,

Herbert

• How can I test if the touchscreen is not broken?

• @herbert van de haterd 

Are the two HDMI cables connected between the Raspberry Pi and the raspad3 mainboard in raspad3 connected? Is there an external screen?
    Because the touch function cannot be used normally after the raspad is connected to the screen, we temporarily canceled the touch function when the screen is connected to the external screen.
    Whether the external screen is connected to the HDMI voltage is judged. The voltage is the initial value when the two HDMI interfaces of the Raspberry Pi are connected to the radpad3 mainboard. If the HDMI interface of the external raspad3 or the HDMI1 of the internal Raspberry Pi is not connected, the voltage will deviate. The initial value, so that the mainboard makes a judgment and turns off the touch (the new version of the mainboard has cancelled this design, even if only one line is plugged in, the HDMI can be used normally)

We have experienced USB cable quality problems. Although we have done factory tests, the space between the raspad3 motherboard and the Raspberry Pi is relatively small, and the USB cable needs to be twisted to insert it. The twisting process may cause the internal glue to not be applied. The cable is short-circuited. When this problem occurs, touch is also unavailable, and the three USB expansion ports are also unavailable.
    Please try whether the three external USB expansion ports can be used.

• I found it. It is the USB kcable one wire was broken from the connector.

What next?

• @herbert van de haterd 

Please send us a message about your order number or backer number.
    And attach your shipping address and telephone in order to arrange delivery.
    Message steps:
    Click on the avatar --> click send a message --> fill in the required content.
    We will reissue a USB cable for you.

• Hi RS,

I have the same issue with the touchscreen being not working randomly since past 2 months. I used to plug and unplug the usb cable do some pressing on the cable to make it work. Reading this thread, is it possible that it is because the same cause?

• @Andi Dinata

You can follow the method provided in the post to troubleshoot.

1. Can it be displayed after swapping two hdmi?

2. Can the three external USB ports be used?

Feedback the results for the technical staff to confirm.

• Thank you for the reply.

Swapped both micro hdmi cable and display is still on.

About 3 external usb port. External device (USB Sound Card or Webcam or Wireless Mouse/Keyboar) get disconnected frequently when plugged into the double usb port (2 times in approx. 2 hr of use, running on battery or power plugged in). I used to use 5 volt option for the fan. The single usb port has less frequency of getting disconnected.

Hope that provides required info.

Thank u

• @Andi Dinata 

Please send us a message about your order number or backer number.
    And attach your shipping address and telephone in order to arrange delivery.
    Message steps:
    Click on the avatar --> click send a message  --> fill in the required content.
    We will reissue a USB cable for you.

• Also experiencing touch screen not working. can navigate only when connecting mouse through the USB port. 
    Setup:
    1. Installed the RasPad OS through https://raspad.com/pages/download

2. I do get "Cable not connected" for few seconds before RasPad is loading, but after that Raspad is performing as expected when mouse is connected.

3. See above the connections I made, following the instructions.

I wonder what can cause the touch not to work. help is appreciated. 

• @Nir Segev 

There may be a problem with one of the HDMI cables. Please exchange the two cables for testing. The method is as in the above post.
    The usb-usb cable should be inserted as tighter as possible. If there is no problem with the two HDMI cables, then adjust this cable. Because the connection looks very crowded, we are not sure if the wires in this cable are short-circuited. Please adjust and test it.

• While waiting for the cable replacement to arrive, i tried to solder new cable on existing USB male connectors. It works well, there is no more random connection lost (i.e. keybd/mouse dongle, usb soundcard/webcam).

For the touchscreen i found that HDMI0 cable is not properly inserted to the daugther board. If the HDMI0 cable were few millimeters long or the mounting position between boards make the two closer then we should have a firmer insertion to the daugther board.

Picture below:

• Touchscreen is not working after delivery.

The HDMI Cable with longer Connector is too short. The Connector can not be inserted properly. The Display works, but the Touchscreen not. 

When I assemble the Raspi4 with one screw only and turn the board about 10° counter clockwise, then the Touchscreen works. But this is not a good solution. 
    There is a high tensoin on the cable
    Is it possible to deliver a slightly longer cable? My order Nr is #2307. 

• So touchscreen is not working

So Touchscreen is not working.

So Touchscreen is working

So the Touchscreen is working, but it is a bad solution.

The HDMI Cable with longer plug is too short.

• @Heinrich Fischer 

Sorry for the inconvenience cause. 

We will reissue you a new long HDMI cable.

Once the replacement is shipped, we will notify you.