Android in RasPad 3

• Hi everyone and welcome to the forum ^_^

I just wanted to ask if anyone uses Android on its RasPad 3. I use RasPad OS from the beginning but I wanted to try Android on another microSD I have available.

Any good experience with it?

Thanks in advance!

• You can try the version by KonstaKang: https://konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/

I gave it a quick look and it boots and the main functions seem to be there.

• I have a Pi 4 setup running  Android.  It's not a Raspad though.  It's ok but not my choice for a developer platform. I actually prefer the 64 bit  version of Raspbian OS.

• @Thomas Veach I would like to set it up on 64 Bit RaspiOS oder DietPi, too.

Did you already do some work on autorotationg the display? I am juast starting to get into this.

• I want to try out TwisterOS - have anyone already experience with it?

• @Patrick Steinke Me too. Also had good experience with TwisterOS so far. 👍

Installation went smoothly. Everything is working fine. Rotation 👍, Sound 👍, 2nd Monitor 👍, LAN, WLAN 👍, BT 👍, ... 👍 

Findings? ... we will see ... 😀

• @Abel Paz 

If you want to install Android system, you can try this image
    konstakang.com/devices/rpi4/LineageOS17.1
    The technicians have tested it and can be used. Good luck~😬

• Android 11 from konstakang runs great, I installed the mpu 6050 and enabled it in the settings and the screen rotations are nice and crisp. The play store takes a bit to set up but it's not hard. I have also designed and printed a vertical charging dock if anyone has a 3D printer and wants to try it, let me know.

• @Patrick Steinke 

hi Patrick, 

I have just installed Twister OS 2.0.2 and it works great, lots of fancy stuff included … I had to add the matchbox keyboard. 
    Cheers - Torsten

• I've installed the latest lineage os, and it seems cool, but sensor test apps tell me there is no accelerometer and thus auto rotate won't work.

Yet, people says it does.

What?

• @John Windberg 

The only way I could get it to work was to install a mpu6050 accelerometer. They are cheap on amazon. I used double sided tape and wired it in with some female jumper wires. I will attach a pic.

• @John Windberg 

Did you not have this little module in the product box you received?