HDMI cable too short

• I finally got around to putting together my RasPad. The "longer" HDMI cable is too short. It pulls on both boards and lays in the way of a cover connection.

• @George Olive 

Is it normal to use?

• No. The "touch" part of the touchscreen doesn't work. I had to hook up a mouse to use the raspad. 

• @George Olive 

Please provide a video so that the technician can solve the problem for you.

• Here is a short video showing the pad booting up and then screen not responding to touch. Nothing was attached to the pad (mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc).https://www.dropbox.com/s/od6hk2zgknsil85/IMG_0031.MOV?dl=0

• @George Olive Both HDMI cables are plugged in when shooting a video?

• @RasPad Support Yes, as plugged as as they will get. Please look at the photo at the beginning of the thread. One of the supplied cables is too short and is pulling on the connections to both boards. Not sure that is the problem but it is definitely not helping.

• @George Olive 

Can the three extended usb ports be used? Exclude whether the usb cable is broken?

If the usb cable is ok, there is a problem with the mainboard or hdmi.

• I noticed the same issue with cabling during my assembly. What worked for me was to attach all the cables with the Pi board loose and then carefully afix the Pi board to the RasPad case. Make sure each plug is fully inserted into each socket. Also note the cable routing in my attached photo. Make sure the mini-HDMI cables are routed on one side of the center attachment point and held away from it with the case formed standoffs, and the power cable on the other side. Hope this helps.

• @RasPad Support I plugged my mouse into the 3 USB ports on the pad. It worked in all the ports.

• @Michael Blomquist Thanks. I attempted to route the cables as you had but mine are too short.

• @George Olive 

Please swap the two HDMI cables as shown in the image.

Give feedback about the test results.

• @RasPad Support I swapped the shorter cable for the longer one and the same results. I couldn't connect the longer cable where the short cable was without damaging my Rasspberry Pi. I figured you already knew connecting the longer cable would be a problem since it wasn't connected in your original photo.

• @George Olive 

It may be that my expression is not clear.

Sorry for the inconvenience cause.😅

Please plug in both HDMIs after swapping.

• I can't swap and plug-in both cables without damaging either the board on the pad or the raspberry pi. I've tried switching the ends of the cables and it still won't go in without putting too much force on boards. I'm sure you tried and couldn't- that's why both cables aren't connected in the photo you sent.

• @RasPad Support I borrowed a mini hdmi cable (1 meter long) and used it in in place of the long hdmi. The touch screen worked. It looks as though the problem is with the mini hdmi cables that came with the pad.

• @RasPad Support OK. I just disconnected and reconnected the the cables that had the touch screen working....and now it doesn't work again. I have no idea what the problem could be. Unless you have any ideas what is wrong, can I please get a RMA# so I can return this thing and have someone else try to figure out what is wrong? Only thing that is know is definitely wrong is one HDMI cable is too short.

• @George Olive 

Please send us a message about your order number or backer number.
    And attach your shipping address and telephone in order to arrange delivery.
    Message steps:
    Click on the avatar --> click send a message  --> fill in the required content.
    We will reissue the HDMI cable for you.